Monday, August 2, 2010

Cereal Success

At Kanyon's 4-month appointment, the doc said we could start slowly introducing solids, starting with single-grain rice cereal. I decided to wait a little longer because I have heard from many moms to wait until around 6 months (and seriously, the poor guy gains plenty of weight on milk alone!).

So we introduced the cereal to him a few days after he turned 5 months, and he didn't hate it, but didn't love it. I have fed many babies during their intitial test-trial with solids, and my boy did great with figuring out how to use a spoon and swallowing most of it down.

His tummy did give him some problems the night of the first feeding, so I bought the single-grain oatmeal instead, and it still gives him troubles, but at the same time not as much trouble. I'm thinking we may just jump to veggies here soon. Yummo!

7/25/10



Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital scrapbooking design customized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment