Thursday, December 16, 2010

Don't Blink

Before my very eyes, my bundle of joy is transforming into a little man.
He is going to start taking his first steps at any moment.
I am so afraid of not being able to remember the present time, when I look back, searching for memories, when he is 16 years old driving away in his first pick-up truck.

Don't Blink...Everytime I wake up another day has passed and I'm filled with the "should-haves" and "could-haves" of yesterday, determined to cram as many activities, chores, errands into the day as possible, but feeling like I am running out of time.

I know he is approaching his First Birthday, quicker than the blink of an eye. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for him to start talking, walking, running, climbing, but at the same time I want him to just stay an infant, full of cuddles, tired yawns & cries, his dependency on me for food, baths, daily interactions and conversations.

I love rocking Kanyon to sleep. I love chasing after him as he makes a dash for the ornaments on the tree, the plugs on the wall, the cup on the table. Just like this Countdown to Christmas Bell we made...
Each day another link is passed and each day is one step closer to "The Day". You're full of excitement each time a milestone/link is reached, yet once you get to the Birthday/Bell, you want to press rewind and savor every moment of this exciting time in our lives.
I love my little boy soooo much. He is the light of our lives. Hopefully this post made sense, just rambling thoughts down in black and white as they race through my head, while my boy sleeps on my lap, deep in baby dreamland. I love this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment