Thursday, January 6, 2011

Satterfield Xmas

The day after Christmas, we loaded Kanman up and headed to Clyde to celebrate with his great-grandparents, Maw & Paw Satterfield. Kelby's cousin, Kriston was in town from Oregon, and got some smoochins from Kanyon.
Maw gave Kanyon a very special keepsake - a blanket that her mama had made for Kelby when he was 3 yrs old. Maw said the grandkids nicknamed her mom "Granny Grunt". How sweet to hand down this special gift to Kanman, made by his Great-Great-Grandma.
Kanyon got to meet more of his Daddy's Satterfield relatives. (Kelby's biological dad's name was Steve, he was the 2nd born of the 4 Satterfield boys.)
Kanyon & Great-Uncle James (the youngest brother)
Kanyon took a liking to Kelby's cousin Abigail
He thought Amber & Abby were pretty fun to squeal at.
(James has 3 daughters-Ashlyn, Amber, & Abigail)
Kanman & Great-Uncle Chuck (the 3rd of the 4 boys)
Kelby, Kanyon, & Chuck
(When I first met Chuck, I told Kelby that he favors him quite a bit.)

Kanyon with Great Uncle Mike (the oldest brother & Kriston's dad) and Paw
Kelby is the only Satterfield grandson out of 6 grandkids (Kriston, Miranda, Ashlyn, Amber, & Abby-5 grand-daughters) so Kanyon is the 2nd Satterfield boy, but the first great-grandbaby. Kanyon also got to meet Kelby's sister Miranda (they have the same dad-Steve) but I forgot to take a picture of her.
I was thankful that I wasn't too shy to snap pictures of these important memories for Kanyon to look back on. We probably won't see the great-uncles until next Christmas. I'm glad the whole family was able to get together during the holidays, and grateful that Kanyon has such a huge family (mine & Kelby's) to love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment