Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Zoo Day with My Wild Ones

My Sweeties and I galavanted over to the zoo today for some animal-seeing good times.
I am actually updating the blog...yippee. It still takes a gillion years to load pictures, but the wait is worth knowing that out-of-town family gets to view a few recent photos of the babies.

I actually remembered to set the camera on the self-timer setting, propped on a bench to capture my babies' mama with her babies.
Miss Wild Thing is now 6 months old! I brought the stroller and put her carseat in it, hoping she would snooze through the outing like last time, but she demanded (loudly) that she had the right to see the sights out of the confinement of her carseat, and instead made me push an empty stroller the entire time holding her chunky body in my other arm, while Kanman walked like the big boy that he is.
When we arrived at the zoo entrance, kanyon decided it'd be fun to chunk rocks from the "big rock" until I reminded him where we were, and that we better hurry to go see the animals. He probably would have played in the rock garden for free, and not gave a hoot if we never entered the zoo.
My Little Man isn't so little anymore. Tear.
Monkey napping on a rock.
Window-peeping at the jaguar..it walked all the way over to the window...I've never seen it that close, usually it naps in the back of the cage and never budges.
This funny duck was perched on the wall, I was afraid if Kanyon approached it too closely, it might "quack" and fly at us, so he kept his distance, per Mommy's request, said "Hi Duck!", pointed and waved.
We had a really fun time, but we were all hot, tired, and thirsty. (we went after lunch to avoid the buses full of school kids on field trips) . I had to do a quick buckling up of Karter in Kanyon's carseat after I started the car to the the a/c going, so that I could get the stroller folded & loaded, her carseat loaded, Kanyon's snack out, her bottle & diaper out, I put Kanyon in the front seat while he ate snack, sipped water and cooled off.
After we were all buckled up in the appropriate seats (safety first!) we headed to Sonic, just in time for Happy Hour and enjoyed a sweet tea (Kan) and the most addicting vanilla dr. pepper ever (me!) while Karter snoozed (she fell asleep before we even got out of the zoo exit).
Fun day with my babies.

may 16th

No comments:

Post a Comment