Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July ~ Flag Handprint/Footprints

We started our 4th of July crafting last week so that we could get a little collection of red, white, & blue art projects hanging up around the house.

I placed the paints, brushes, and paper on the table, set up the self-timer for the first in-action photo of our handprint flag craft and made a few for Kanyon as he patiently waited for freestyle paint time.

His little nice & neat flags..
Karter's not so nice & neat flags, but oh so perfect!
Later, we cut out the flags,



 glued them down on blue paper and added poles,
and let them dry before we added star stickers.
Then we made our footprint flags...
Kanyon got a headstart..
Little Man's Patriotic tootsie..
Little Miss Karter's flag foot (see her purple toenails, too fun!)
I cut the footprints out after they dried, glued them to blue paper,
This time Mommy did the glue before Kanman added the flagpoles.
Big Helper
I framed a set for the living room, I've already taken them down and swapped out the blue firework background for a lighter polka dot one so that it wasn't so busy and the footprints were more dominant when you look at it from across the room.
Kanyon added star stickers to the other ones that we will put in scrapbook and give away as 4th of July goodies to the grandparents.

On a side note, it's 9AM and both my babies are still sleeping, which is why I spent a complete hour or more uploading, editing, and blogging these photos, yay. I have a hair appointment at noon at The Hen Shack that I am oh,so excited for. Let's hope a blonde me walks out of there! Still trying to decide if I should cut it. I've been without a haircut since sometime before November..meaning about 8 months, but I'm getting bored with it. Wish I had the cash to get extensions, that'd be completely awesome. The kidlets are going to go play at Kam & Ken's house with the other kiddos while I'm guiltily enjoying my mommy time.

Guess I better start making a racket so that my kids will rise and shine so we can eat, dress, and head out in a bit. Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment