The Hubs suggested this past Saturday that we take the kiddos to the zoo for a little family fun.
Kanyon's face lit up and he was ready to head out as soon as we asked if he wanted to go see the animals.
Our zoo now has a train that you can pay to ride, I've never taken them on it because I'm afraid someone would steal my stroller since I'm usually by myself with them. However, Daddy was with us this time, so he and his buddy rode in the caboose, and chug-chugged through the zoo together.My girl and I strolled around and caught some shade for a whole minute. Don't let those pretty blues fool you..she knows how to work situations to her advantage. For example, I think she planned the poop explosion that happened about 10 minutes after this picture was taken, so that she had a good reason for Mommy to take her out of her seat. I had to pull over to the side and recline her seat to use as a changing table while the boys went to feed the fish & ducks. Which is when I realized her outfit had no snaps at the crotch, it was just a solid one piece, so I had a naked baby, covered in stink, changing her as quickly as possible before other patrons passed us. Oh, the joys of motherhood (:
Before we followed the "choo-choo" sounds to caputure our boys on camera, we got to see a peacock up close.
We followed the train and tried to snap a few pics of our boys aboard the caboose..
What a great Daddy, smushing himself into the little cart to ride the train with Kanman. I love him so!
We made a quick passing through the whole animal part of the zoo. The temp was steadily creeping to the upper 90s. Plus Karter was tired, meaning she no longer wanted to be strapped down in the stroller, so we were left pushing an empty double stroller, me carrying Karter, and both of me & Kelby chasing Kanyon.
By chasing, I mean...running at full speed...
picture me, baby on hip, camera in other hand, jogging after my 2 year old, while taking his pic at the same time, with hubby behind me avoiding knocking out pedestrians with the stroller...
Kanyon lives up to his middle name..Chase! See the evil little grin on his face? He was laughing hard while he ran away full speed ahead.
Front view...Catch me if you can!
Quick pic to prove to my kids one day that I was there too! We were hot and ready for lunch and a nap by the time we steered Kanyon to run towards the exit. We didn't even go to any of the indoors exhibits. It's funny, we paid 10 bucks to enter the zoo, 4 dollars for 2 tokens to ride the train, but our son would have been pleased as punch to just go to an empty field for free. We had fun and I'm sure we'll be back there again to ride the train..hopefully on a cooler morning.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment