Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pirate Party for Captain Kanyon

We did it. We pulled it off. We are officially parents who have hosted a first birthday party! I was so stressed out as the upcoming party date quickly arrived. I felt like I needed Kanyon's party to be absolutely perfect. I literally worked on crafts, ordered all the decorations online, starting weeks before THE day. There were a few flaws, but all in all, it was a huge success. I felt great afterwards, positive that my son will look back at pictures and be in awe of his cool Pirate Party Bash!

All of these pictures are of "things". All the decor, closeups of the cake, etc. Hope you enjoy, and if you didn't get to come, maybe you'll feel like you were there after you scroll through this tour of the party scene aka Kanyon's Pirate Ship!

Crab adorned with party hat above the Birthday Boy's Cake Spot
The Sweet Treats Setup
Black & Red cups and utensils (Later I added labels to the cups, I'll have to post a pic some other time of those, I had them made online.) This is actuallly a pirate ship gift box, my mom found at Big Lots for only a dollar each, an excellent prop for the table! And now are being used as cute decor in kanyon's room.
I woke up at the crack of dawn-literally, 4AM-and started baking cookies, and iced them in red and white (nautical looking). A few of them I personalized to add a special touch.


The Big Cake for the guests. I ended up getting both of the cakes from United on South 14th, I would highly recommend them, they were friendly from the get-go (after a negative experience at Albertsons-rude ladies!), understood exactly what I meant, and had the cakes ready on time. We added the shark and pirate guy as cake toppers, they really are part of Kanyon's toy pirate ship set. Oh, the creativity!
Ahoy, Matey!
Shark Attack!
The Smash Cake - Nowadays, the new tradition for the baby birthdays is to provide them with a smash cake, just a small cake used for the purpose of setting in front of them to be, well...smashed! Great picture opportunities to capture the curiosity of a one-year-old.
Party Hats, Pirate Mints, and "Crownies" or "Brookies" - My sisters and I have made these delish treats again and again..they are a mix of chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Now, these were a hit, only crumbs left at the end of the party!
Cookie Plate

Dining Room
Streamers hung with care by the hubby, leading into the dining room.
My sweet hubby was my errand runner the day of the party, and had the Pirate & 1st Birthday Balloons blown up at the Card & Party Factory. The two striped foil ballons kept afloat for several weeks after the party, and were played with every day around our house. Hudson & Kanyon started pointing up to them, calling them balls, smart babies!
Snack Table- I found the bright bowls in dollar section at Target, after almost caving in and buying red $6 bowls from Ross, Thank Goodness for my Target addiction! I have never in my entire life hosted a birthday party of any sort, I didn't have a clue as to how much snackie foods to offer. I learned my lesson, all the food on this table was barely touched-except for the queso & tortilla chips- I still have ziploc bags full of pretzels, chips, chex mix in the kitchen. However, I wasn't shy to finish off the gummy fish (ocean theme ya know?) and the three munchkins have finally finished off the huge container of colorful goldfish crackers (a fave snack among toddlers).
When guests walked in the front door, they were greeted by inflatable pirate swords hanging around the playroom doorframe. The swords doubled as favors for the kids to take home.
Pirate Banner

The Favor Table-I found pirate EVERYTHING! Blowouts, goodie bags, mints, stickers, tattoos, masks, hats, I had so much fun ordering all this stuff!
I bought this sweet book at Target for an early bday gift, the flowers were actually still fresh from the wonderful bouquet that Kelby surprised me with for Valentine's, I cut some ribbon to wrap around the glass, that matched the ribbon on the bday banner. (I had 3 flower glasses around the house to make it bright and fun.)
Lollie had bought this book for Valentine's Day, what a great prop/decor paired with a b-day cone hat.
Happy Birthday Kanyon!
Ready for Showtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment