Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kanyon went to Sea, Sea, Sea

I know a lake is not a sea, but the title sounded cute, because last weekend, we finally got a chance to take the boat to the lake. I was anxious about taking Kanyon, wondering how different a boat outing would be with a baby in tow. But it was a success and we had a blast. My brother, Nicholas also got to go with us and learned how to master getting up on his knees on the kneeboard and even tried wakeboarding (after Kelby bribed him by letting him drive the boat if he would at least try wakeboarding).

Kanyon was a superstar on the boat. He napped, played, soaked up some sun, loved his lifejacket (I'll have to post my phone pics separate), and sat in my lap on the back of the boat while the big boys swam. The water was way too cold for me or him. But the weather was perfect. More fun boating days to come! So glad to know that our baby loves the outdoors.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Boatin & Baby
Also had to mention we went to Coleman Lake-the same lake that is the resting place of Kelby's origional wedding ring, after the ring popped off from the wakeboard last summer. We replaced it soon after, but if that happens again, I told him we'll have to get his tattooed on! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment