Monday, October 3, 2011

Collage Frame Makeover

In our living room, we have a huge Photo Collage Frame full of Engagement and Wedding photos. I remember the frame was one of our first newlywed purchases (bought at Kirklands for $30) to showcase our Mr. & Mrs. memories. I've never swapped out the pics for ones of Kanyon, because I've added his photos throughout the house in individual frames.

But last week I decided the mega frame was in need of a change. I left a few of the wedding & engagement ones though, and swapped out the rest with some of my favorites that have been taking this past year.

Quick, funny story...on Friday, I went to Walgreens to pick up the pictures I had selected to use in the frame, and was asked by the cashier to see the Copyright for the photos before she woud hand them over to me to take home.

I was like...um, I don't have a Copyright for them, but how very flattering because...I am the Photographer of these photos.

That made me feel really good. I've been loving the Nikon that I got a Christmas time, and if you keep up with the blog, you know that I always have the camera by my side! And I'm not afraid to use it. So, I had to fill out a form and sign my life away to be able to pick up my Professional-Looking pics of my boy...taken by me. Love it.

Here is before & after of the frame.

Left Side: Before
 Left Side: After
 Right Side: Before
 Right Side: After
I kept a few black and white. And it may look better if they were all black&white but I wanted to add in some color, plus if some of them weren't colorful, it would take away from Kanyon and Kelby's bright blue eyes.

I wish I could figure out how to give the matting a redo. Spray paint it? decoupage it with scrapbook paper? Hmm. Maybe I'll add that to the never-ending nesting list!