Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jar of Spooky Spirals

Another decorative item I've been wanting to do something crafty with is this Cross-topped jar that I received from Lori last year for Christmas. I've never filled it with anything, and it's been moved from coffee table to shelves to the end table. I decided to give it a Spooky redo. I grabbed a couple sheets of Halloween scrapbook paper, my paper trimmer, and a pair of scissors.
Kanyon chowed down on some ghost poop (marshmellows), M&Ms, & spider legs (pretzel sticks) while I cut strips out of the paper.
 I used the scissors to make spirals out of the strips.
 Then my Little Monster helped me stuff the spirals into the jar.
 The spirals may have ended up a little bent, but a Mommy & Me craft is so much fun, the unperfectness adds to charm.
 And here we have the finished product...
I like that Kanyon can point out the candy corn, bats, circles, & stripes of the different papers.
I decided to try to give our Spooky Spiral Jar a home on the end table in the living room next to a photo of Kanyon's first Halloween. We'll see if my Little Monster will be able to resist grabbing the jar and running with it. So far, he only walks up to it and points at the papers.
On a sidenote...I started wondering how in the world am I going to get all of the papers out of the jar when I'm ready to fill it with something else for the next Holiday? hmm...maybe some super long tweezers or something, we'll just have to see.