Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Painting Night 2

We brought out the colored paints for Kanman to decorate his pumpkin. Too bad I never thought about the fact that since we used washable white paint on his, that as soon as his wet blue paintbrush hit the pumpkin, it took the white paint clean off. No worries though. He didn't notice a bit. The joy of toddlers!
Nick came this time too. He was so sweet and had called me earlier in the day to ask permission to come paint with us. Of course he was welcome! I just thought, being the big teenager he is, he'd think it was dumb to paint pumpkins with us. So I felt bad, when he thought he wasn't invited. We are 10 years apart and I love anytime he thinks it's cool to come hang out with us.

He painted his pumpkin (I gave him the 3rd pump of our litter) Red Bull and Chevy theme. All Boy.
Kanman added some purple sparkle paint to his.
"hey, kanyon look at Mommy's camera"
We had music playing and Kanman got a little dance in his pants and jammed with the paintbrush like it was a drumstick. He had us laughing when he was singing.

Silliness is Bliss!

My Pumpkin...for my Lil Punkin
I was trying to copy ideas I had seen online by monogramming a K onto one side.
Kameran's finished "Scream" (like the movie) Pumpkin
 Kendall's side #1 - creepy vampire, goblin guy
 Kendall's side #2 - the girl from The Exorcist (can you tell Kendall is the artist in the fam?)
 Me and My Wiggleworm
 And low & behold...my finished product...
Remember, mine started out as the warty ugly duckling.

Side #1 - Polka Dot K with the year ( I really liked the stem on my pumpkin)
 Side #2 - I was going for Frankenstein, but his nose ended up looking like a stick with 2 balls, if you catch my drift, so I had to give him a bigger nose to disguise the other one...ended up really goofy looking...upside down heart? hmm.

I love that I used the 2 most prominent warts as his eyeballs...Sweet Old Frank!
 Side #3 - I was trying to do this diamond pattern thingy, but it was lopsided, so I threw in my attempt at zebra print and more lime green...and that's all folks!
oct. 15th, 2011