Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkins @ The Shack

On Saturday morning I was craving a haircut pretty bad. I want to get the back of my 'mullet' bob a lot shorter before Baby Karter arrives. I checked to see if there were any openings at Kelby's mom & sister's store, but none of the Hen Shack hair stylists had arrived yet.

I knew that Lollie would probably be pleased as punch to get a visit from Kanman, so we dropped by, let Kanyon run wild through the store (hopefully he doesn't repeat his bad manners at other places, not owned by family!), and then I pulled out my handy dandy camera to try and get some cute Fall shots of our boy on The Hen Shack's Porch...Lori had decorated it super cute.

The Best Shot of the Day.... Lollie & Kanman...both with their pretty baby blues shining bright.
 First, we tried out the cute bench...he (obviously from this action shot) wanted down.
 Then Lollie & Kelby propped Kanyon on a Pumpkin...see how cute the decor is?
 The next 2 pics are the best of the batch...this is not a smile. It is a grimace accompanied by "Down! Down!"

 "Somebody, please help me off of this thing!"
 Lollie to the rescue. Then in a matter of about 2 minutes, the cloudy skies did not disappoint, and it started pouring down rain! Wonderful Saturday for us. We ate lunch at TaMolly's and then napped away the afternoon. Bliss.

 My plan is to repeatedly try to get his picture on the cutie porch during this season...and surely, eventually, maybe, we'll get him to think it's cool to sit on the haystack and get a genuine smile out of the boy! But, the pic at the top of the post is definately going to get put in a frame!