Sunday, December 4, 2011

F is for Feather...Tukey Hunt, Feather Match & Count

After we returned home with Starbucks in hand from Karter's one week appointment, we did a little Thanksgiving Turkey themed activities...after Kanman played in the best toy ever...a diaper box.
We went on a Turkey Hunt through his books and toys, and actually found a few...
While we were hunting, Kanyon was perfecting his "gobble, gobble".
I was trying to think of a game we could play...Thanksgiving themed, as well as doing something to go with the Letter F theme...so, I went through my stash of scrap paper, cut up Feather shapes from red, yellow, orange, blue, and green. I put them on their designated Color paper, and started naming the colors to Kanyon.
He helped take them all off of the papers, then place them back on the correct ones. We counted them as we matched the colors too.
Karter may only be a week old, but she did great pairing up the colored feathers...hehe.
Then, we took 2 feathers of each color for a Turkey craft. We got out the glue, black construction paper, and started lining up the feathers for our turkey lurkey.
We added a brown turkey body...
then I added numbers and dots for counting the feathers on the turkey.
We made one more out of paper scraps just for door decor..Gobble!! Gobble!!
nov. 18th
kcr-almost 21 months old