Sunday, December 4, 2011

T is for Turkey

A holiday wouldn't be complete without a handprint craft.
We grabbed our paper...
painted Kanman's hands...
used orange, yellow, green, and red to make Feathers for a larger turkey...we made three of those kind of turkeys, but I forgot to take a pic of both gma's finished projects, and for some reason, on the turkey we made for our house, we were short a yellow handprint, so it's not finished.
Then we painted each finger a different color and his palm and thumb brown, for a smaller turkey handprint, added a beak, waddle, and googley eye (this pic is pre-googley eye and "Happy Turkey Day" written at the top.)
A little free play painting while Sister chills in the bouncy in the background..

I wasn't trying to leave Karter out of the messy paint fun...I really did try to paint her hand for the solid feather turkey...but it's near impossible to get a newborn's hand stamped on a paper...couldn't get her to open her fingers up, which led to some super loud screaming from her.
These are the two prints I got from Little Miss. Great for the baby book!

 My two turkeys' hands, side-by-side..
 We made a T for Turkey craft that I had stumbled upon on Pinterest.
And one more paper turkey...a Name Turkey for the Studmuffin.
 
nov. 22