Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Teeny, Tiny, Little Sister

 After Kameran and Kendall went home, and before Kelby came to pick us up from the hospital, I changed Karter into her Preemie-sized Little Sister onesie, placed a light pink crochet hat, made by her Mimi, on her head, added a huge flower clip with rhinestones in the center, from Lollie, and snapped a few pictures of my precious girl.

This may not be a perfectly posed photo, but it freezes time. She will never, ever be this little again, in the blink of an eye, she'll be sporting rolls on chunky thighs, and have chipmunk cheeks. We'll look back and try to remember her actually being small enough to fit in Preemie clothes. Her little arms are frailing all about and her toes crack me up, all flared like she's about to be dunked in an icecold pool. Precious angel.
I know she's screaming in this one. I do believe she was just cold, and ready to be back in her cocoon of blankets. Look at those wrinkly, still-gaining-color fingertips, and the delicate skin on her wrists. Amazing.

I think I took so many pictures of her newborn feet because I wished I had more of the upclose pictures of Kanyon when he was brand spanking new. I  have a bunch of him all bundled in blankets and beanies on his head, but I wish I would have took more of his teeny, tiny features...nose, chin, hands, feet, etc.
Look at those long fingers. Nails already needing the first trim. Yikes.
Wrinkly, pruney feet. Ten perfect piggies.
Love. Love. Love Baby Necks! That is the sweetest, most kissable spot in  my opinion. Makes me want to snuggle up and breathe in the new baby smell.
My baby girl and me.. Oh, and my black eye. Courtesy of my son. He gave me my first, ever, in my entire life, black eye a week or more before Karter's due date. I was verrry upset. Not at him, since it was indeed an accident, but because I knew the colored ugliness would still be there and therefore be in every single picture of me taken during Karter's first days! But, hey, another memory and story to tell of her birth, right? And, no, makeup did NOT help cover it up.
11-12-11