I am a repeat offender of creating/shopping for last minute gifts the day of (and sometimes the day after) big events.
Father's Day was no exclusion to my procrastinating ways. I came across several of the photo ideas on Pinterest, with the kids holding up cut out paper letters/painted wooden letters that spell out D-A-D, then the 3 photos are put in a photo frame with 3 slots for a personalized gift for Daddy.
Kanyon wound up with a black eye earlier in the week, so I had kind of scratched that idea off of my to-do list. That is until Sunday morning, the day of Father's Day, while the Hubs was playing golf all morning, we 3 were bored at home and decided to give our D-A-D photoshoot a whirl.
Kanyon watched me cut out sparkley blue letters from scrapbook paper, then gather up their outfits, and corral him and Karter in the living room for a quick "surprise picture for Daddy".
Here are the winning 3 photos...
(they all had to be up & down or sideways to go in the frame...ya know, so you can hang it up vertical or horizontal)
The best of the best were the up & down ones...
Kanyon holding the first D, black eye & all.
I wanted the 'A' to be a pic of both of them, seeing as how it'd go in the middle of the frame.Karter with the 2nd D, by the time it was her solo pic turn, she had kicked off the shoes and was beyond wanting to stay in the same spot, and forget looking at Mommy!
Here are the 3 sideways versions that were runner-ups.
And for laughter's sake...
The finished product...framed in a frame we already had hanging on the wall...I took out the engagement pics that have lived in the frame for 3.5 years and swapped for the Father's Day ones while in the car in the Walgreens parking lot, where I picked up my photos, after ordering them 2 hours earlier, and stuck the frame in a big birthday bag left over from Kanyon's bday, and headed to a Daddy's Day Dinner at my parents, where the D-A-D gift made it's appearance during gift opening.
Master Procastinator, Awesome Results
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment