Today we made 4 different Octopus crafts to go along with our Ocean Animal Theme for June.
Octopus #1: The biggest of the four. I cut out an octopus body or head shape and 8 tentacles/legs from a deep purple cardstock paper, and grabbed a turquoise "ocean" 12x12 sheet for the water.
Gave the gluestick to the gluing pro (who is wearing his sister's headband as a necklace)...Smashed the body/head onto the blue paper...
I made sure to pay attention to the solo audience member..
Mr. Gluer applied the 8 tentacles...
I cut out 2 white circles from scratch paper, Kanman glued them on for eyes, we added a sparkly pink paper smile, then decorated wiith markers. And, named him Owen the Ocotpus.
Octopus #2: Handprint Octopus...traced kan's hands instead of painted (may do the painted one later), trace 4 fingers, minus the thumb on both hands, aligning the palms in the same spot for the head/body. Total of 8 fingers equals the legs.
We added googly eyes and a pink mouth and added him to our artwork door.
Octopus #3: The cut out coloring page at the bottom of the door 'collage'. We printed him off yesterday from this amazing website I stumbled upon, colored last night before bed, and taped it up this morning.
Octopus #4: A smaller version, single cut out (body & legs cut from one piece of purple cardstock), added googly eyes, pink smile, and a sign that says "My name is Olivia the Octopus". We taped her up next to her "Daddy" on the front room's door in the living room to show off some of our Ocean artwork in other areas of the house.I've also been throwing in a teensy bit of Spanish words into our daily learning. Nothing too drastic. More along the lines of...Hmm, wonder how you say octopus in Spanish. Google it...Pulpo. Then I looked up sea (mar), sea star (estrella de mar), sun (sol), water (agua), etc. Plus, we go over the numbers...not only counting the 8 legs of the octopus in English, but also counting to ocho in Spanish. Muy bien, eh?
I don't expect Kanyon to spit out spanish right back at me, just putting a little spice in our life!
Karter was impressed with the giant 8-legged sea creatures!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment