After we finished up the handprint fish, on Tuesday, we made a Sea Turtle out of scrapbook paper.
Kanyon was the gluestick expert, he applied the glue to the backs of the cutouts, and I instructed him as to which piece to place on the "ocean" paper first (turtle's shell, arms, legs, head, tail).
Then we gave Mr. Turtle eyes, and decorated his shell with green marker.
I have to say, I love making all of the paper crafts out of supplies that we already own, but I'm betting I won't be able to stand not going to Hobby Lobby someitme during the week/weekend to scope out their summer craft section for items we "need" that will fit in with our theme! But, first I need to going on an ocean-themed hunt through our sticker/paper/scrapbook odds & ends collection...which reminds me, I have water alphabet stickers (ya know, their blue, look like waves on each individual sticker, make sense?) that I need to find.
More ocean-themed crafts to come!
p.s. have you noticed Kanman's choice of clothing continues to be the same...underwear, and usually a hat...let me tell ya, potty-training is happening, and I have the decreasing diaper bill to prove it! Yay for big boys!




No comments:
Post a Comment