Thursday, June 7, 2012

Under the Sea - Storytime

One of our favorite things to do for each theme is to dive (get it ocean theme) into our book stash and pull out all the ones related to what Little Man is learning about.

An activity we do is matching pictures in our books to stuffed animals or toys that we own (fish, shark, turtle).

We have random bouts of storytime throughout the days. I'm pretty positive there's kid books piled in stacks in all rooms of the house. I believe it's a good thing, and I'm proud my boy loves it when I read to him, although he's gaining his independence and loves to just sit in his comfy camo chair and look at the pictures while eating snack.
One of my most cherished moments of the day is when we all 3 pile into Mommy & Daddy's bed and read before naptime. Kanyon is so sweet, listens patiently, and shows great dislike when reading time is over and it's time for bed. Karter loves munching on books..she's at the stage of wanting an item in her hands just like the big kids, try not giving her something to slobber on and a winey baby emerges.
 

One of our faves is Guess Who Ocean Friends, each page has a different sea creature hiding behind a flap. It cracks me up everytime I open the flap really fast, say BOO!, leading to Kanyon's contagious eruption of giggles
 We love this book In My Pond, it has a felt fish that is a finger-puppet that you make swim and wiggle through each page.
 Kanyon loves being the one to "make the fish swim".
Here's Miss Priss munching away on The Rainbow Fish, of course she had to have the sparkle-i-est book, right?!
I found some cute craft ideas to do with this book, that hopefully I'll remember to do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment