Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cooking with Kanyon~Blueberry Banana Pancakes

Kanyon has been helping out more in the cooking department in the kitchen. He likes to sit on the counter, pour from the measuring cups into bowls, eat fruit that I'm chopping up, help stir, throw things in the trash for me, and push buttons on the microwave, or oven to set the timers.

Last week, I had some bananas that were a wee bit past eating fresh, so I decided to throw them in to the pancake mix with blueberries for a different option of breakfast for the Kanman. Plus the Princess was still asleep, so my boy and I got to enjoy some cooking in the kitchen one-on-one.

We grabbed our ingredients: 1 pkg of buttermilk pancake mix, 1 banana, handful of blueberries, and good ol' H20 from the faucet...
 Most importantly is how one dresses in the mornings to ensure your food comes out as it should...ballcap, Daddy's belt draped across your shoulders like a "necklace", Toy Story underwear, and Mommy's boat shoes.
 Kanyon did all the hard work for me...Dump the pancake mix into the bowl, add water.
 Throw in the chopped up banana and a handful of blueberries. Make sure to eat a bunch of the fruit while cooking.
 Stir, stir, stir some more...
 Watch Mommy cook the pancakes on the griddle with the impressive big spatula, while munching on more of the blueberries...find a kid plate, plop about 3 pancakes on it, take it to the living room, place the plate on the pirate table, have a seat in the camo chair, turn on Curious George, and enjoy a fabulous, quick, yummy breakfast. And yes, he did ask for more, he ate five 4-inch pancakes!
Next time we make pancakes, I want to do the "from scratch" pancake mix myself, instead of purchasing the package, might as well give that a whirl.

1 comment: