Monday, September 26, 2011

Balloon Bash & Tot Land

After Kanmans' nap on Friday afternoon, we had one more Letter B theme to conquer...Balloons! Just in time for the Hot Air Balloon Fest that started that evening.
 We added balloon stickers to a balloon diecut that I had left over from his birthday.
 And colored a hot air balloon printable with shapes. I told him the little boy in the balloon was him.
 And then, after waiting all week for Friday, I blew up Blue Balloons that I had bought at Target earlier in the week, and boy did my kiddo L-O-V-E throwing, bouncing, kicking, swatting, hugging, kissing, & hiding the balloons.
 Pretending to blow up the balloon like Mommy did.
 Laughing hysterically while he chased the balloon.
 Using all fours to reach the balloon that landed on the couch.
 This pic is blurry, but shows the wildness of my boy spinning in circles, giggling like crazy.
 I would definately conclude that the Balloon Dance-Off was a HUGE hit!
 My StudMuffin
 Did I mention that we added on to the tent/fort setup? I got out his Rocket Ship tent, tunnels, and square pop-ups to add to the mega-fun had by one little 19-month old at my casa.
 He crawled in, out, up, down, all around his "tot-land" all day Saturday as well. By Sunday, however the Mama of the household was getting a wee bit tired of looking at the 'mess' in the living room and it's all folded and put away as of now.

No worries, on a rainy day, or just a day needing extra fun, we'll pull it set it up again, and to him it'll be like a brand new toy. Don't you love how little kids are like that? They pretty much forget they have certain things (like he's not asking for a tent to be set up) and then when we bring out a toy that's been hidden in the closet for weeks, it's like they hit the jackpot in the fun department. Love it.