Friday, September 23, 2011

Self feeder, dinner success, & fort imagination

We ended our Wednesday with....

Raviolis for Kanyon's dinner. He can chow down and make a mess while doing so.


 After dinner delight...Blue Gogurt.
 I created a new meal with the purpose of using the jalapeno sausage Kelby had grilled for dinner the day before (we ate them in tortillas with grated cheese on Tues.). I cooked baby carrots on the stove to get them soft, while chopped potatoes, coated with French Onion soup mix as seasoning, baked in the oven for 30 minutes (would you call that roasted potatoes?).


When the potatoes were almost done, I added the carrots & chopped up sausage to the potato dish, popped it back in the oven for another 5 minutes...and wala, a new dinner fave. I know it must have met Kelby's liking when he goes back for seconds..score!
 Following dinner, I created a tent/fort for Kanman. He loved it.
 He kept running into the opening, exiting through the other side, and repeated that a bazillion times. I added pillows (for my rear to sit on) and books, and we stayed in there for at least 1 1/2 hours!
 As of right now (Friday afternoon) the tent is still up in the living room/dining room and he has continued to play in there all throughout yesterday and today. I'm thinking I'll be getting our tunnels out of the closet to add to the fun. The sheets on chairs concoction may be an eye sore, but the look on his face is well worth it!