Thursday, September 15, 2011

A is for Alligator cont.

Our 2nd A is for Alligator craft we made yesterday....
Draw an Upper Case A on Green paper. Turn the paper sideways to resemble an open-mouthed alligator. Add googly eyes.
 Cut white paper into triangle shapes for sharp teeth. Dot the A with glue and add the teeth.
 We adhered our alligator to blue paper to look like he was swimming in water, I drew squiggly lines for the waves. I tried to get Kanyon to hold up his Snapping Creature for a pic, but he was more interested in trying to remove the googly eyes...
 I did capture this sweet face while he was peek-a-booing around the corner.
 Turned out really cute! Found this idea on the Totally Tots blog. I will be checking that website frequently for more ideas from their past posts. They had a Letter a Week feature for toddlers that is full of great ways to teach Letters to your child. They also have a section where they list other blogs that offer free printables and craft ideas. Love finding great deals from other stay-at-home-moms.
 Before we headed to the Fair last night, Kanyon ate his dinner on a plate with...you guessed it, an alligator in one of the sections. Sweet boy!