This post is more for me to document the "pregnant me" so that I can look back and laugh and relive the memories.
Two weeks ago I started experiencing bouts of dizziness coupled with blacking out, and came extremely close to fainting (literally went down to the ground so that I would not fall to the ground). I've been feeling not up to par after I eat, like I get an extreme sugar rush similar to drinking a Red Bull energy drink, even though I'm eating healthy items. I've also stayed smaller this pregnancy than with Kanyon. By 33 weeks with him I was weighing a steady 140-142 (heaviest with him was 147). So far, I've gained 10 lbs since April & have been keeping a steady 131-132 since end of July. And this week when I went to the doctor I had actually lost 2 pounds, weighing in at 129.5 on Thursday.
I addressed all of my concerns to the new doc (the doc that delivered Kanyon moved away, but I Love the new one) and she said I'm probably feeling the light-headedness from getting up too fast, doing too much without drinking enough fluids, said it was more of a blood-volume imbalance. Cure? Drink more. Get up slowly. Eat smaller amounts at a time (which I had already been trying to eliminate the head rush).
She was not concerned with the weightloss because my belly is measuring right on track -33cm @ 33wks, which means that the baby is growing. Doc said it probably has a lot to do with chasing around a toddler this time around from morning until night, not to mention the lost sleep and bouts of energy aka Nesting that's begun. So, long story short, I was getting worried (mainly due to family members telling me "how far along are you? but look how little you are! are you eating? you gotta eat to provide nourishment to the baby"...) that I might be dealing with anemia or high/low blood sugar, or something out of the ordinary, but was Positively reassured by the doctor that every thing is A-OK, and yes the time is ticking, and a sweet bundle of joy is growing like crazy and getting ready for her debut in the upcoming weeks.
On to Ramblings of a Pregnant Lady...
We're on the fast track now.
In 7 weeks or less our Baby Girl will enter this world.
The pregnancy "nesting" has officially kicked in.
My To-Do List doubles, triples, multiplies by 10 every hour or so.
I can't sleep. The baby (thankfully) kicks me all night long, I think she's trying to see if she can increase the amount of space between my ribs. Literally I feel bruised on the inside, but that's not a complaint, I'll take rowdy movement at 2AM over worries of the baby not moving enough. I'm also losing sleep by laying awake because my thoughts are all over the place. Creating normal, along with the unnessary chores and tasks that need to be accomplished before Baby gets here, in a speedy manner.
Lose the clutter. Throw away clothes. Vacuum the ceilings and under the cushions on the couch. My back hurts. Buy Icy Hot. Dust the top of the fridge. Decorate for Halloween. Make things for Halloween. Scrub the baseboards. Kanyon needs a costume. Browse the stores for Halloween t-shirts for Kanyon, I mean he needs at least 5 right?!
Search the internet for more items to make for the baby. Learn to sew-a blanket, a pillowcase dresss, the list goes on and on. Learn to applique a onesie & a shirt for Kanyon-already bought all of the supplies, just need to make myself sit down and DO it. Learn to make a rosette headband-I've learned this one...just need to perfect it with different types of fabric. Stock up on baby headbands of every color. Make more bows...the bigger the better (go through all of her outfits and make matchy-matchy bows for the more dressed up outfits.
Wash all of the itty-bitty pink, purple, newborn laundry that has been piling up in the overflowing "Karter Container" in the playroom's closet. Transform playroom into a Baby Girl's room (very last on the list...we know where she'll be when she gets here...glued to Mommy's side day & night). But still...organize the playroom. Move toys to Kanyon's room? Which leads to organizing his room, closet, drawers, etc. What to do with all of the boxes jam packed with boy clothing? Wish we had a garage.
Set up the baby swing & bouncy - where in the world are we going to put these things? Set up the cradle in our room - the one that was Kelby's when he was a baby, that I never took a picture of Kanyon laying in when he was a newborn...shame on me! Add "take a pic of Karter in the bassinet" to my newborn photography checklist. Make said checklist. Research more ideas of how to pose the baby and props to use...she'll be a Thanksgiving baby, so we're talking pose her in a basket labeled 'Tiniest Blessings'...on a brown blankie...hmmm (unless she decides to make a 2-week early debut and arrive on or before Halloween night). Which makes me question if I should buy her a preemie Halloween onesie for the just-in-case happenstance of having her 1st Halloween be THIS Halloween.
Jeez Louise. See what I mean. Lots and Lots to do!