Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Letters, Stamps, & Messes Galore

I happened across a  new (to me) kid's crafts website when I was searching for apple-themed printables. It's called Making Learning Fun. I'll definately be checking their website for future printables I may need for the Kanman. I printed out a "K" and an "A" that come decorated with apples with the intention of using Bingo Dobbers to fill in the circle part of the apples. Seeing as how I don't own Bingo dobbers, and had washable red paint on hand, I used that instead.
 His sweet little finger stayed in the same spot the entire time, he wasn't too fond of getting the paint on himself, which is fine by me.
 "Dip It!!" - I think he had more fun redipping the brush than the painting itself.
 For the Letter A, I pulled out red stamps from my years and years' worth of craft supply stock. They are shaped to fit in a circle, and Kanyon liked seeing the monkey and fish appear after we lifted up the stamp each time.
 He wanted me to clean up his mess onhis hands.
 I also had some leftover foam letters from Christmas that I used to spell out Kanyon's name, along with liquid glitter (that ran all over the page after hanging it up. Duh, shoulda let it dry first.)....like I said, I had been avoiding the messier activities, but everyone deserves to make a mucky mess from time to time.
 Yes, Son, that would be paint, not ketchup!
 And for one more painting activity, I gathered a variety of foam stamps together and used the red paint to make a collage of "Rojo" randoms.
 Airplanes, Trains, Hearts, Kisses, Oh My!